Are you looking for a way other than sales to blend your business degree with your passion for solar energy? Do you love the granularity of numbers as much as the big picture to which they add up? Are you loving your career in solar and want to help procure, finance, build, manage and operate solar projects?
You might be the perfect fit as a Solar Asset Management Associate at ecoCFO. As a solar pro with a few years experience, you will support senior staff members on a variety of tasks.
You can expect to perform:
- Cash flow planning, budgeting and forecasting for both companies and projects
- SREC contract negotiation and transaction fulfillment
- Operations & Maintenance oversight of existing PV arrays
- Reporting to various government authorities depending on relevant regulations
- ROI, NPV, IRR, Payback and Breakeven calculations
- Various financial analysis tasks
- Data input for KPIs
- General accounting and bookkeeping support
- Monthly and weekly financial reporting to client management teams
- Evaluation of financing options and products, namely lines of credit, term loans, construction loans, equipment finance, bridge financing, etc.
- Daily review of PV monitoring systems to ensure uptime
- Drafting and developing Project Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and assisting in the RFP process
- Interface with project specific vendors and partners such as accountants, insurance companies, lenders, investors, engineers, installers, O&M providers, monitoring system vendors
What you need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, preferably finance, accounting or economics concentrations
- 2 to 3 years of experience in the solar industry
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- The ability to manage and complete an assigned task or project on your own quickly, correctly and accurately
- A hunger for progress that constantly needs attention
- Superb work ethic and the ability to work remotely, efficiently, independently and without constant supervision
- An ability to quickly learn and comprehend new, complex subject matter
- An incredible attention to detail including spelling, grammar and the use of Excel
- A knack for problem solving in a fast moving environment
- The desire to exceed customer needs and response time
- An entrepreneurial and flexible spirit
What it will be like working for us:
You will do client-facing work in Solar Asset Management and report to the CEO.
You will spend some of your time working remotely, so you will need a private location where you can work, take phone calls, and be productive.
Initially the position will be part time and over time please be flexible to work full time as workload requires. We aren’t going to dictate to you what hours you need to be in front of your computer every day, but you should expect that calls, meetings and deadlines can happen anytime between 8 AM and 6 PM.
You may do some traveling locally, and occasionally be on a plane, but you can expect to end each day at your own home.
This job description may not cover everything that could be asked of you, but it’s a reliable expectation.
To not only get this job, but to be successful here, you will need a demonstrated passion for the industry and an excellent grasp on finance and business concepts.
We are looking for someone who will be committed to this role, to ecoCFO, and want to grow with us.