Are you looking for a way to blend your experience as a Controller or CFO with your passion for the energy and environmental industry? Do you view people, finance and accounting as a critical catalyst to growing a business instead of a stumbling block? Do you admire CleanTech entrepreneurs and executives and want to make a difference?
You might be the perfect fit as a Financial Services Controller at ecoCFO. As an experienced Controller or CFO you will be the primary contact to ecoCFO clients as their Controller. You will have junior colleagues supporting you and you will report to the CEO.
You can expect to lead or review on the following tasks:
- Cash flow planning, budgeting and forecasting for both companies and projects
- ROI, NPV, IRR, Payback and Breakeven calculations
- Financial statement review and analysis, development of project and company pro-formas
- Determine appropriate KPIs and review their calculations and trends to gauge health and performance
- Cost control analysis on payroll expenses, operating costs, costs of goods sold, and other project specific cost control tasks
- General accounting and bookkeeping tasks
- Month-end financial close
- Control over AP check runs, payroll approval, and policy design and enforcement
- Evaluation of insurance policies and products
- Merger and acquisition analysis including business valuations
- Soliciting, negotiating and securing financing options and products, namely lines of credit, term loans, construction loans, equipment finance, bridge financing, etc.
- Negotiation of contracts pertaining to both revenue and expense items
- Managing vendors and partners such as attorneys, accountants, lenders, benefits administrators, investors, etc.
- Performing or managing any and all tasks related to the daily operation of corporate finance and accounting
What you need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, preferably finance or accounting concentrations
- Ten years of experience in corporate or project finance including forecasting, financial analysis, accounting and financial modeling
- Three years of experience in the energy, environmental, or CleanTech space
- Certifications such as CFA or CPA are a bonus
- A buring passion for renewable energy, water, recycling, or any other environmental issue
- A hunger for progress that constantly needs attention
- Superb work ethic and the ability to work remotely, efficiently, independently and without constant supervision
- A passion for detail including spelling, grammar and the use of Excel
- A knack for problem solving in a fast moving environment
- The ability to communicate and explain complicated subject matter in an easy to understand manner
- The desire to exceed customer needs and response time
- An entrepreneurial and flexible spirit
What it will be like working for us:
You will work in Financial Services and report to the CEO.
You will spend some of your time working remotely, so you will need a private location where you can work, take phone calls, and be productive when not in the office.
Initially the position will be part time and over time please be flexible to work full time as workload requires. We aren’t going to dictate to you what hours you need to be in front of your computer every day, but you should expect that calls, meetings and deadlines can happen anytime between 8 AM and 6 PM.
You may do some traveling locally, and occasionally be on a plane, but you can expect to end each day at your own home.
This job description may not cover everything that could be asked of you, but it’s a reliable expectation.
To not only get this job, but to be successful here, you will need a demonstrated passion for the industry and an excellent grasp on finance and business concepts.
We are looking for someone who will be committed to this role, to ecoCFO, and want to grow with us.